PayTM Betting Sites In India
While leading sports betting sites in the world use international payment methods like Skrill, Neteller, and PayPal, most Indian betting sites accept PayTM for deposits and withdrawals. Launched in 2010, PayTM is the most popular peer-to-peer payment method with over 300 million users in the country. This popular e-wallet promises secure, fast, and convenient transactions free of charge.
In this article, we’ll look at how the PayTM app works, the best PayTM betting sites, how to create a PayTM account, and everything you need to get started in the Indian betting market. Our guide also gives you information on the best PayTM alternative payment options accepted by leading Indian betting sites.
What is the PayTM app?
The PayTM app is a secure, RBI-approved mobile wallet designed to meet all your financial needs. With the PayTM wallet, you can easily deposit money to your betting account or shop online through UPI, internet banking, and debit/credit cards. Additionally, you can transfer the money in your PayTM wallet to your local bank account or another wallet without any extra charges.
Over the years, PayTM has grown to become the largest online payment platform in India, allowing users to transfer money from anywhere at zero cost. You can use the wallet to pay bills, buy products, or deposit cash in your sports betting accounts. Here’s everything you need to know about PayTM:
- PayTM is a secure e-wallet approved by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- The money stored in your PayTM account is ready-to-use cash accessible at anytime and from anywhere.
- You can deposit money to your PayTM account using a debit card, credit card, net banking, or UPI.
- You can deposit up to 10,000 INR monthly after completing the minimum KYC procedure. The minimum KYC requires the user to submit their passport, voter ID, NREGA card, or driving license.
- After completing the full KYC verification procedure through a video KYC or by visiting a KYC center, you can send up to 1 lakh Indian rupees every month.
More about the Company
PayTM is a reputable financial service provider owned by leading mobile internet company One97 Communications. The company launched PayTM in 2010, with its headquarters based in Uttar Pradesh, India.
Over the last decade, PayTM has become a trustworthy payment system that offers merchants a way to receive money for different services. The company is currently among the most popular payment service providers in India, with over 58 million accounts.
PayTM also boasts over 7 million merchants, making it great for making multiple payments. Additionally, the company operates a brokerage and insurance firm alongside a gaming platform for online games enthusiasts.
How to make a PayTM account
The PayTM wallet was designed to give users a simple and convenient way of sending money. You only need to register an account free of charge and you can use the wallet to send money to betting, shop online or send money to friends. The PayTM mobile app also lets you stay logged in on your mobile phone by securing your account with a pin, password, and fingerprints.
Below are some simple steps to follow to create a PayTM account and enjoy the benefits of having a PayTM wallet free of charge through the web or app.
Creating a PayTM account on the web
- Visit PayTM.com
- Click the “Sign Up” button on the site’s top-right corner
- Enter your phone number, email and choose a password
- Click the “Create your PayTM Wallet” option
- Enter the OTP sent to your phone number, your first and last name
- Submit the details and your PayTM account is successfully created
Creating a PayTM wallet account via the app
- Download and launch the PayTM app on your smartphone
- Click on the profile icon in the top right corner.
- Select the “Create a new account” option
- Enter your phone number, email, and password
- Type the OTP you’ll receive on your phone number
- Submit the OTP and type in your first and last names and date of birth.
- Click on Create Account
- Your account is ready for use
Remember – KYC is important!
KYC verification is crucial for you to safely use PayTM to deposit money in online betting sites. Unless you have a verified PayTM account, you can’t deposit or withdraw money on PayTM cricket betting sites. Fortunately, PayTM’s know-your-customer procedure is simple, convenient, and hassle-free.
You can complete the PayTM app KYC procedure in two ways:
To complete your minimum KYC verification procedure, open your PayTM mobile application and click your profile picture. From there, scroll down to your profile settings and check your wallet status. The status will be shown as ” Inactive” and you’ll have the chance to activate it using your Aaadhaar number. You’ll receive an OTP on the number registered to that Aandhaar card. Once you type in the OTP correctly, your PayTM digital account should be verified.
Alternatively, you can choose PayTM manual verification, which fully activates your account and allows you to deposit up to 1 Lakh Indian rupees every month. Here are a few ways to complete the manual full KYC verification:
Option 1: Video KYC verification
Video KYC verification is the fastest and easiest way to activate your PayTM online account. You’ll just need to provide the details of your Aandhar card to start the video KYC and you’ll receive an OTP for confirmation. Remember that your phone number must be linked with your Aadhar number for verification.
Once your Aandar card is verified, your PayTM account will require more details like your parents’ names, correspondence and permanent addresses, marital status, and professional. When the video verification starts, the PayTM executive might also you to provide more details like current residence and D.O.B.
To complete the video verification, you’ll also need to record a clip holding your PAN card in front of the camera. The front side of the PAN card must be facing the camera when you’re recording. Once that’s done, PayTM will confirm your account and update your status.
Option 2: Visit a local KYC verification center
If you face any difficulties completing the Video KYC verification online, you can pay a visit to the local KYC center with your Aadhar card to get verified. Fortunately, PayTM has a list of local KYC centers in different locations across India.
Option 3: KYC verification at your door
Besides visiting the nearby KYC center, you can get verification services in the comfort of your home. You’ll only need to request a KYC verification executive will visit your home. However, this service comes at a cost of 150 Indian rupees and it is also available only in select cities.
Betting with PayTM? Here’s how to make a deposit
PayTM is a convenient peer-to-peer payment method that can be used as an e-wallet for storing funds or as a UPI for making payments to online betting sites and other online vendors. There are no fees charged when making a withdrawal or deposit on betting sites that accept PayTM payments.
In the gambling market, using PayTM to fund your betting account is like using this payment method to buy anything else like groceries, supplies, or pay for transportation. That makes betting on sites that accept PayTM as a payment provider extremely easy and convenient. Here’s how you can use your PayTM wallet to deposit money into your online betting account.
Create an account at the site
The first step to start enjoying sports betting and casino games is to set up a betting account on a trustworthy PayTM betting site. Of course, there’s a lot that goes into choosing a reliable PayTM betting site, but this guide has detailed the best PayTM betting sites for Indian players.
Once you find a good PayTM betting site that you’d like to use, head to the sign-up page and create your account. Fortunately, the best PayTM betting sites in India feature a simple sign-up process that you can complete within a few minutes.
Go to the deposits page
Once your betting account is approved by your PayTM sportsbook of choice, you can log into your account, make your first deposit and claim the welcome bonuses. For that, you’ll need to check the site’s deposits page where you’ll see a list of the available payment methods.
Select Net Banking/UPI
While PayTM deposits are convenient, the best betting sites in India accept different deposit methods, ranging from e-wallets to direct bank transfers. That’s why you must choose PayTM or UPI (net banking) as your preferred deposit option to make payments using this method.
Enter the PayTM wallet details
After choosing PayTM as your banking method, most online gambling sites will require you to provide your wallet details. These details can be used to verify your account and your PayTM betting site also needs them for withdrawals. However, deposits require you to copy the PayTM account details of the online casino site that you choose.
Enter your UPI ID in the desired field with the amount
Once you’ve copied the PayTM account details (UPI ID), log in to your PayTM app and enter the ID in the relevant field, and type in the amount. Don’t forget that PayTM betting websites have minimum deposit requirements that you need to meet to redeem the available welcome bonuses.
Place your bets
After making your first PayTM deposit, the funds should reflect on your online betting account within 1 hour and you’re ready to place bets. If your deposit takes too long to reflect on your PayTM betting app, please consider contacting the support team.
Withdrawing with PayTM
Withdrawing from PayTM betting sites is also easy, meaning that gamers can get their winnings quickly after they win from their online casino games. In fact, PayTM is considered among the fastest withdrawal methods in the best Indian betting sites. However, the average wait times will depend on whether the PayTM gambling site you have chosen requires withdrawal verifications.
Most PayTM betting sites that require manual verification for withdrawals will need the player to upload some documents to prove their identity and residence. That may include a copy of your Aandhar card or passport and a utility bill to help your sports betting site verify you’re the account owner.
When withdrawing from betting sites with PayTM, it’s also important to take note of minimum withdrawal limits that are likely to be put in place. Some betting sites accepting PayTM also charge a few for withdrawals, although sending money from one PayTM account to another is free. However, the best PayTM betting sites in India offer free withdrawals.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on withdrawing your winnings from betting sites with PayTM:
- Log into your PayTM betting site
- Choose the cashier section on the menu
- Select PayTM as your withdrawal method.
- A message showing the details of the PayTM account you used when depositing will be displayed on your screen.
- Confirm the details of your PayTM wallet.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw
- Confirm your transaction
- PayTM betting sites withdrawals take 1-3 days to process.
Betting Sites that accept PayTM
List Betting Sites that accept PayTM
Pros and Cons of Using PayTM Betting Sites
Pros of using PayTM Betting Sites
- No transaction fees – PayTM doesn’t charge any fees to transfer money to online casinos or other PayTM wallets. There are PayTM betting sites that will charge you some fees for withdrawals, but we don’t recommend them.
- Welcome bonuses – Most sports betting sites accepting PayTM deposits offer lucrative welcome bonuses to their players since the platform doesn’t charge any fee. PayTM betting apps also use these bonuses to entice Indian punters to use them over international e-wallets like Neteller or Skrill.
- Privacy of personal information – Using your PayTM wallet on gambling sites provides a high-security level. The wallet works under the regulations set by the Reserve Bank of India, so you can rest assured your money is safe. Additionally, using a PayTM deposit and withdrawal keeps your personal information secure as the platform doesn’t share your financial details with third parties.
- Quick and convenient – One of the main reasons why PayTM betting apps have been on the rise in the Indian online betting markets is its convenience and ease of use. You can download the PayTM app on your iOS or Android smartphone and get all the functions you need without occupying much storage.
- Integrated with UPI – PayTM is a peer-to-peer payment system with an integrated UPI, giving you the freedom to choose which deposit method favors you in terms of speed and transaction limits.
- Accepts Rupees (INR) – Regulated by the RBI, PayTM is an Indian app that allows you to transact in rupees. That means you won’t have trouble depositing funds from your local bank account to the best PayTM betting site.
- Multi-language support – While top PayTM betting sites constantly upgrade their apps and websites to make it convenient for users to place bets swiftly, anything can go wrong when betting online. Fortunately, if you have a problem with a PayTM deposit or withdrawal, you can request assistance in 11+ Indian languages.
Cons of using PayTM Betting Sites
- Account set-up delays – While a reliable betting site that accepts PayTM makes it easy for Indian punters to place bets online, setting up an account may take more time. The setup will require some extra time for security checking like KYC verification.
- High linking fees – Although the best betting sites accepting PayTM offer low minimum deposit limits and free deposits, linking your PayTM application with other payment platforms can be costly. If you choose to link your PayTM account with Neteller or Skrill, you’ll be charged extra fees going as high as 20%.
- Extra withdrawal fees – Many Indian betting sites that accept PayTM as a payment method also charge additional charges for withdrawal requests. Moreover, PayTM fees can be steep (4%) when transferring your money to your local bank accounts.
- Possibility of losing funds – There’s a risk of losing your cash if you misplace your cell phone since PayTM requires your mobile number for KYC verification.
- Deposit fees – While the best football betting sites with PayTM don’t charge transaction fees for depositing, transferring your money from your debit/credit card incurs a 2% cost. That’s a considerable disadvantage for players using their debit/credit cards to deposit money on PayTM gambling sites.
What you need to consider when depositing on gambling sites that accept PayTM
While the leading PayTM betting sites mentioned above are safe and secure, you need to do your due diligence before depositing money in any cricket betting site online. For example, consider reading previous reviews of a particular PayTM betting site to learn about the brand and its reputation. That will help you make informed decisions on whether the betting site is trustworthy.
Other things you’ll need to consider before depositing on betting sites that accept PayTM gambling include:
- Variety of betting odds and markets
We recommend using PayTM betting apps that offer a wide variety of betting markets and solid betting odds. For instance, if you’re into football betting or cricket betting markets, you can compare the odds given by different sites and identify bookmakers with the best odds. It’s also important to confirm whether a betting app features all your favorite leagues and sports betting markets.
The first step towards staying safe when depositing your money on betting sites with PayTM is checking the legitimacy of the platform you choose. Legitimate betting sites that accept PayTM in India will always feature a license from a reputable gambling authority.
- Service provision standards
The best betting sites with PayTM payments strive to offer their players high-quality standards. That includes efficient support services like telephone, live chat, and email support. These services come in handy when you have urgent issues with your casino account, deposits, or withdrawals.
Payment limits are common in the online betting market, but the range may vary from one PayTM gambling site to the other. We recommend considering a site’s minimum and maximum PayTM deposit limits, before trying to redeem your deposit bonus. The withdrawal limits are also important and don’t forget to check whether a site charges extra fees for withdrawals.
Consider choosing a PayTM betting site that features a mobile betting app for easy and convenient access, especially for live casino gamers and live betting enthusiasts. Also, check whether it’s possible to fund your casino account using your PayTM mobile number.
Alternatives to PayTM deposits & withdrawals
While leading betting sites in India accept PayTM, there’s a chance that some bookmakers might not have it. In that case, if you want to use the funds in your PayTM wallet but the bookie doesn’t provide that method, some of the best alternatives you can use include:
PayTM to Skrill
Skrill is a popular e-wallet commonly used by leading betting sites around the world. This trustworthy digital wallet run by the Paysafe Group promises quick payments to the users and you can link it with your PayTM wallet. You can also use the PayTM wallet to deposit money on bookmakers using Skrill, but you won’t be able to claim the deposit bonus.
PayTM to Neteller
Neteller is another popular digital wallet that can be linked with PayTM for depositing money into your casino account. This e-wallet was originally launched in 1999, before being acquired by the Paysafe Group in 2015. Today, this payment system has over 50 million users and offers high-security levels to users. However, some PayTM betting sites in India won’t allow you to claim the deposit bonus when using Neteller.
PayTM to UPI
Unlike Skrill, Neteller, and PayTM, UPI is considered a relatively new entrant in the online casino market. The UPI system was created by the National Payments Corporation in 2016 and it facilitates quick cash transactions in rupees. This system allows you to deposit money to any betting site that accepts PayTM, using the funds in your local bank account.
PayTM betting sites have continued gaining traction in India over the last decade and for good reasons. This digital e-wallet has managed to be the country’s leading online payment service, allowing casino players to conveniently fund their accounts quickly and at low costs. The PayTM application supports local currency and you can talk to the customer service team in over 13 Indian languages. However, it’s limited availability and monthly restrictions might discourage high rollers.
Frequently Asked Questions about PayTM Betting Sites
While betting in India isn't technically legal, the market is largely unregulated so there are no laws forbidding gambling using PayTM betting sites. Additionally, PayTM is regulated by the RBI and punters can safely use it to gamble online.
Most reputable betting sites that accept PayTM in India offer an enticing deposit bonus to new players. However, the bonus amount will vary depending on the casino operator.
Making PayTM deposits on trustworthy online betting sites is free. However, the company charges a 2% nominal fee to transfer funds from your debit/credit cards to the PayTM digital wallet.
PayTM uses cutting-edge 128-bit encryption technology to secure all its transactions and ensure your financial records remain confidential. The company is also PCI DSS compliant, which means it can securely handle debit and credit card transactions to prevent fraud cases.